About the College of Radiology, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia
A Brief History
On 27th November 1976, thirteen radiologists from the University and General Hospitals Kuala Lumpur, met in the Radiology Department, Kuala Lumpur to form the protem committee for the establishment of the Malaysian Radiological Society. On 8th December 1978, the Malaysian Radiological Society (MRS) was registered.
Since then, the society has held several national and international conferences and meetings. On 23rd August 2001 the MRS joined, en block, the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia and is now known as the College of Radiology, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia. There are now over 240 members in this College.
To ensure quality care to the patients and community by optimizing the value of Radiology and Clinical Oncology, in line with the nation’s vision of health.
Being the authoritative body of radiology, clinical oncology and allied sciences, the college aims to develop the highest standards by:
- Providing education and training
- Formulating and implementing quality assurance programmes and practice standards
- Promoting research
- Advising and assisting the relevant regulatory authorities
- Providing community services
- To work with the healthcare providers and educate consumers on the benefits and risks of therapeutic and imaging procedures
- Establishing standards and practice guidelines in the use of Information Technology.